Saturday, February 23, 2013

So Delicious Pancakes!

I can't help but imagine a better breakfast than pancakes. They are just the most welcoming of meals when starting the day. My girls never turn down pancakes when I offer to make them. I do opt for easier box pancakes on a weekday if I am in a hurry but the weekends I will give a little effort. These buttermilk pancakes are just so good and they always come out yummy. Light and delicious and never rubbery. I copied the recipe from somewhere but had to make my own buttermilk as I don't keep it on hand.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. white vinegar
1cup milk
1 beaten egg
1 cup of flour
2 tbsp. melted shortening
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

So Delicious Pancakes!

To make my own buttermilk I add 1 tbsp of white vinegar to 1 cup of milk, stir and let sit five minutes. This is just a homemade buttermilk substitute, if you have buttermilk on hand just use that.



While you wait you can mix all other ingredients and add beaten egg & shortening at the end.
Finally add the buttermilk mixture and stir with a wire wisk. 


Pour out your pancakes to desired size and serve anyway you like.  
You can add fruit or chocolate chips if you like in the batter, but
I prefer to add fresh fruit on top! ENJOY




No comments:

Post a Comment